ACECR – art university branch
ACECR (Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research) is a scientiﬁc and cultural institution that started its activities in universities of Iran in 1981 with the aim of developing cultural and artistic, educational, research and specialized activities.
Born in 1977
MA in Social Communication Sciences
Head of ACECR – art university branch
Secretary or membership in festivals, conferences and cultural and artistic events
Press collaboration with Iranian newspapers and magazines
Achieving executive and research rankings in scientiﬁc festivals in the ﬁeld of public research Founder and director of the secretariat of the Technological and Industrial Film and photo Festival Producer of documentary ﬁlms on scientiﬁc, academic and industrial topics.
Strategic Policies of the Permanent Secretariat of the Festival:
1- Creating synergy between the technological and industrial development and the artistic development – in Iran (By strengthening communication between ﬁlm and photo activists and technology managers and industry, mines and knowledge companies’ owners).
2- Introducing and displaying activities, innovations, capabilities and achievements of Iran in diﬀerent sectors of technology and industry.
3- Culture making and promotion of national pride and strengthening self-esteem, especially in youth and students (Through presenting the documentation of innovations and activities of various sectors of technology and industry of the country).
The goals of the festival:
1- Strengthening the relationship between activists in the ﬁeld of ﬁlm and cinema and the managers of the scientiﬁc and industrial sectors of Iran.
2- Developing and promoting documentation of Iran’s scientiﬁc, technological and industrial achievements and activities.
3- Contributing to the production of educational content in the form of ﬁlms and helping transfer the specialist knowledge of the experts to students.
4- Modeling and promotion of the quality level of documentation and production of scientiﬁc, industrial and environmental ﬁlms and so forth in Iran.
5- Providing background and assistance to broadcasting Iranian technological and industrial ﬁlms on domestic and foreign television networks, VODs and virtual networks and interaction with international capabilities and eﬀective centers of documentary ﬁlmmaking in the world.
The festival is held in two sections: competition and non-competition.
2- Animations and animated graphics
3- Commercial ﬁlms (advertisements, teasers and video-clip)
4- TV documentary series about industry and technology
5- Special subjects (knowledge-based economics, supporting national production)
6- Industrial photography (frames, collections)
7- Commercial photography (frames, collections)
8- Student works (Students can compete in the student contest in addition to the above mentioned 7 parts and their works will be separately judged on their own request)
In this section, the selected International works with the themes of the festival are presented. The festival has decided to hold the international section as competition in the next edition.
Special section (subject)
* This section will be held in collaboration and with the support of the centers or organizations responsible for a speciﬁc topic. The works of this section will also be examined separately. The titles of this section’s programs will be announced in due time.
* Appreciation of the technological organizations and centers active in the development of art and cinema
* holding the Industrial and technology Photo Exhibition
Other sections of the festival:
These sections will run during the year and during the festival and include the following
– Visits of artist, documentarians, photographers and reporters to industrial and technology centers and complexes
– Screening: (Selected ﬁlms of the Fifth edition)
– Screening: (Reviewing Selected Films from the First to Fourth editions)
– organizing workshops for industrial managers (introduction of ﬁlm applications and documentation to managers)
– organizing specialized seminars with the participation of artists, documentary ﬁlmmakers , cultural directors, managers and industry-relevant brokers (With the subject of “strategies to promote the quantitative and qualitative aspects of documentaries and industrial and technology ﬁlms”)
– broadcasting selected ﬁlms of the festival on the national TV (in coordination with the owners of the works)
– Publishing selected ﬁlms of the festival on VODs and virtual space (in coordination with the owners of the works)
– organizing meetings to review and criticizing the selected works
4 to 7 Oct 2019 / www.jdfest.ir